The festive season is knocking on our doors. With MamaMagic Baby Expo Joburg Summer around the corner, we’ve decided to get you armed and ready for the ultimate shopping experience.
Expo Shopping Hacks
- Set a budget. Setting a budget doesn’t restrict you. Instead, it helps you know immediately when something on offer is out of budget or not so that you can spend your time more productively when shopping.
- Know the layout of the land. Familiarise yourself with the expo floor plan by heading to mamamagic.co.za or grab a copy of the exhibitor directory at the expo entrance. Then it’s ready, steady, shop!
- Plan plan plan. While the Christmas season is here, you will save time and money when taking advantage of the exclusive expo specials. So, if you have a little one’s birthday or know that baby showers are around the corner, grab something uniq from any of the stands at the expo.
- Get those stocking fillers as you go. There are many great gift ideas for stockings for mom, dad, little ones and siblings (especially at the expo).
- Take your support with you. Shopping at any point is a lot easier with little ones around when you have an extra hand to keep an eye on them.
Festive Season Shopping Hacks
- Use your loyalty rewards. Many retailers across the country have a loyalty program that offers discount vouchers or cash-back rewards – this includes our headline sponsor Dischem! Now’s the best time to cash in and use those rewards.
- Make that list and check it twice.
- Stick to your list. Often the delightful distractions will have you second-guessing what you need to get. Sticking to your list allows you to see if you have the additional budget and stay within the budget you’ve set for yourself.
- Be mindful when shopping for kids. A great one-liner we came across cautions parents to buy “something to wear, something to read, something they want and something they need.” This takes a lot of pressure off you and others that may want to shop for your children too.
- DIY cards and wrapping. It’s a lot more therapeutic than you realise and get the children involved. Make your season greeting cards and add that unique touch with your wrapping.